Here are five ways that this system is superior to any tent with a fly:
1) A fly works only with one tent and has only one purpose. This tarp has countless uses.
2) In heavy rain, a fly will cause water to pool around your tent, potentially soaking you and your gear. With this system, you can make sure that no water pools anywhere near you.
3) A fly offers no protection against rain unless you are underneath it, essentially trapping you inside your tent. With this system, you are free to move about, even in serious weather.
4) A fly can protect only one tent, whereas you can fit multiple tents under this tarp.
5) Using a fly will create more condensation inside your bivy or tent. This system is one the most breathable camping systems in the world.
COMFORTABLE – Instead of designing the West Coast Bivy to be waterproof, we focused on making the largest, most breathable, and most comfortable single pole tent in the world. It is longer, wider, and higher than any traditional bivy, and is ultra breathable with 3 walls of ‘No-See-Um’ insect proof mesh.
100% WATERPROOF TARP – If it rains when you’re camping, you really need a tarp to be comfortable. Even if you have a fully waterproof tent with a fly, you’ll be trapped inside unless you have a tarp. The 13 x 10 ft Guide sil tarp gives you plenty of dry space, so you can enjoy yourself even in a rainstorm! You don’t need trees, as the tarp can go directly over the top of the bivy and peg into the ground. 17 tie-out loops give you a heap of setup options.
ULTRALIGHT & COMPACT – This combo contains a West Coast bivy with collapsible shock cord pole, one ultralight Guide sil tarp, 4 Boa compression straps, and 10 ultralight pegs. Packed weight = 4.4 lbs (2 kg) Packed Size = 10 x 17 x 4 inch (25 x 43 x 10 cm) Compressed = 9 x 16.5 x 3 inch (23 x 42 x 7.5 cm)
VERSATILE – Use all 3 items together, or use them independently. If it’s not raining, use the West Coast Bivy by itself and stare up at the infinite night sky. The best selling Guide sil tarp has countless different uses. The Boa strap set is perfect for attaching things to a rack or backpack, or compressing sleeping bags or other items.
WORLD CLASS SERVICE & WARRANTY – We are located in the Pacific Northwest, and provide toll-free customer service Mon-Fri, 10-5 PST, at 1-844-775-7770. All products come with our Two (2) Year ‘No Worries Warranty’.
Submit your review